Wintry Virtual Reality
My friend knew that I was intent
on exploring a stimulating new hobby
so she gave me a gift of virtual reality for Christmas
and helped me strap on the goggles over my eyes.
Anticipating a special adventure,
I wake up in a red telephone booth
which transported me into a kind
of magical wintry masterpiece
in the snowfall of my mind.
I was taken aback by a set
of yellow eyes staring back at me
through the foggy window
with its brilliant iridescent fur
coruscating against the snow.
I suddenly remembered that
the game maker added a nice feature
where this mythical canine
will serve as a sapient cynosure
for the rest of my journey.
The quest involved finding a golden tree
in a labyrinth made of holly bushes
guarded by the Ice Queen
who spoke in riddles and resided
in a sacred temple outside the entrance.
Grateful for my linguistics background,
I felt like it would be fun
to have some tea and chat with the queen,
but little did I know of what I
was going to encounter in this reality.
In response to… a lot of words and phrases this past week! Thank you for your inspiration! 🙂
- Sheryl: Daily Word Prompt – Cynosure
- Word of the Day Challenge – Masterpiece, Stimulating
- FOWC with Fandango: Magical
- Helene Vaillant: What Do You See?
- VJ Knutson: Weekly Challenge- Intent
- Laura Bailey: Maniac Monday 3-way Prompt – Nice
- Girlie on the Edge: Six Sentence Story Blog Hop – Kind
- The Sunshine Artist: Coruscate
- Dark Netizen: Wacky Weekend- Canine
- Go Dog Go Cafe: Tuesday Prompt – In the snowfall of my mind